Friday, February 28, 2014

"Something Old"

We all know the old saying, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue."  I think most brides from my generation, to my daughters', adhere to this.

My own mother gave me HER mother's engagement ring on my wedding day.  KK, as the first born of my four daughters, will be the lucky girl to receive her Great Grandmother's ring when she marries.

 Maggie is the first to get married among my daughters. But when she was born, I decided to give her the gift Kenny gave me upon her birth. For each girl, he presented me with a piece of jewelry made of the new baby's birthstone. Maggie - lucky girl - was born in April - diamond!!  So her something old for her wedding day, will be the diamond tennis bracket her dad gave me the day she was born.

I think it will be a special moment when I put the bracelet on Maggie's wrist - but what was I thinking?  My jewelry collection is going to be depleted  x 4 !  :-)

This picture is taken on Maggie's birthday. . Kenny, KK, Maggie and I.

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best    "Simply the Best" by Mary P Karnes - A Wedding Mystery!


No comments:

Post a Comment