Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wedding Dress - Day 2

Our second dress shopping experience was to a mid-size bridal shop.  This necessitated an appointment as well, but they also required a deposit. If you stood them up, they would charge your credit card. Not happy.

I swore to myself that I WOULD NOT GO TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT when our wedding  journey began. But there were not many other choices for a store in our area of this size and inventory. When one of the girls was prom dress shopping, this store over-charged me THREE times on one transaction. Too many errors to be a coincidence, in my book.

The service was adequate, but I felt rushed, and another consultant and bride were breathing down our necks. Maggie and I felt sure 'that other bride' was pinching our choices! - Well, I was sure, anyway...  :-)

One good thing did come out of this experience, however. We found a dress we LOVED, but we were still not sure. Maggie took down the store's price and delivery timeframe, as well as the designer name and dress skew number. When we got home, she contacted the company directly and was told they would ship to our home in half the time with a savings of $1,600!!  She would have to arrange her own alterations, though, but the store was going to charge us for those anyway!  Alas... It was NOT  the dress... Tomorrow, KLEINFELDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment