Saturday, September 13, 2014

"Meet KK's Groom!"





 I have known Tyler for almost ten years.  I thought I knew all about him… but apparently not…I just found out he's an Eagle Scout!  He's not one to brag…but when I found out he was part of this elite few, I had to do it for him.

I remember going to the celebration for one of my friend's Eagle Scout Investiture when I was in high school.  Even then, I know what a big deal it was.  Today, I recognize the hard work, dedication, and tenacity that goes into it. I'm so proud of my future son-in-law!

According to Wikipedia:

"A total of 2,209,000 Scouts had earned Eagle Scout by the end of 2012;[11] out of 83,486,083 Scouts since 1911; this was just over two percent of the Boy Scouting membership.[12] In 2012, 57,976 Eagle Scout awards were presented, about 7 percent of the 2012 membership. Four Nobel Prize laureates are known to be Eagle Scouts: Dudley R. Herschbach, Peter Agre, Robert Coleman Richardson, andFrederick Reines

Eagle Scout may be earned by a Boy Scout or (since 1984) Varsity Scout who has been a Life Scout for at least six months, earns a minimum of 21 merit badges, demonstrates Scout Spirit, and demonstrates leadership in the troop, team, crew or ship. He must plan, develop, and lead a service project — the Eagle Project —that demonstrates both leadership and a commitment to duty. He must then take part in a Scoutmaster conference. After all requirements are met, he must complete an Eagle Scout board of review. He can complete the board of review after his 18th birthday as long as all other requirements are completed before his 18th birthday."

Tyler's Eagle Scout project was to create a new ID system for the Glastonbury police, fire, and volunteer departments.  His project required over 100 hours of community service.

I love these pictures of him.  But I have so say, my favorite one is to the right.  Among his other wonderful attributes, he's a fantastic brother to his younger sister and brother.  Just look at Tyler's  pride as he holds his baby sister, and her joy at being with him.  Someday…you'll be a great dad, Tyler!






















http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment