Tuesday, March 18, 2014

" Hostess Gifts"


"Favor", "Welcoming Gift",  or even the more juvenile "Goodie Bag ", are all monikers for a gift presented to the wedding guests as a "Thank You" for sharing "Their Special Day."

When I was a little girl, the gift from the bride to her guests was a lovely white box, delicately tied with a white satin ribbon. Inside the box was a second piece of wedding cake that one could eat the next day, or as I was told by my mother, "…could place under my pillow and dream of my future husband."
I went to only a few weddings as a very young child…(don't forget the ill-fated flower girl fiasco!), but I received the wedding cake box every time, and placed it under my pillow always.  Maybe it was just a southern California thing - maybe just among my parents' friends.  Anyway, it as a nice traditions, and its concept seems to have morphed into the grander "Gift" we see at weddings today.

I looked through "the knot.com" and found some charming items.  Please see the pictures below for some cute ideas.  One not pictured, which I thought was useful AND inventive was providing each guest with a pair of flip flops to wear during the dancing part of the reception.  Especially for the ladies, the flip flops would be greatly appreciated.

Ideas below: personalized tea bags, flavored olive oil, honey, chocolate kisses, flower seeds, (particularly cute!!), and Hershey mini chocolate bars.  Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?!?









No comments:

Post a Comment