Monday, March 17, 2014

"The Wedding Bouquet"










Yesterday, we talked about the garter.   Today it's only fair that we give equal time to the bridal bouquet.


.
To the right, you will see a picture of my very own bouquet. If I had it to do over again, I would have more red on my bouquet, (that was my color, red!), and less white. My bridesmaids had the red bouquets, as they were wearing red. I would have given them the white ones. I think it makes a nice contrast against the ladies dresses, bride AND bridesmaids. I'm trying to steer Maggie in that direction, but we'll see...

I also like the ball style bouquets, although a more modified shape. I think Maggie does too.
Our florist has very generously offered to provide us with a "tossing" bouquet, so Maggie can keep her original, and have it preserved. I did the same, and kept several lovely flowers from my bridal bouquet in a crystal jar on my dresser for 27 years. It survived all our corporate moves, until one day, in my haste over an inconsequential thing, I knocked it over and it smashed to the floor. I cried.  Kenny gave me a hug and said, "That those dried flowers weren't really what defined our marriage."  And let's face it, they WERE looking a little ratty…  :-/    Below is a picture of some of my single friends trying to catch my bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment