Monday, August 18, 2014

"Cutting the Cake!"



It really was a beautiful cake…The picture to the left showcases well the spun sugar flowers.  My cousin, Kim, an amateur cake baker who could be professional, were she so inclined, did not even realize they were not fresh.  Kim said had she known, she would have gotten up close for a better look!

 Kenny decided last minute to order some macaroons to go with the wedding cake and coffee after dinner.  They are Rob's favorite cookie, and quite the hot dessert right now- and a true delicacy.

So we had some wedding cake left over - the top layer, of course, but that was planned.

 It was nice to have the extra cake.  Kenny didn't even get to have a piece at the wedding, so he enjoyed some the next day.  And Rob's Grandmother, who was unable to attend as Papa was ill, was able to celebrate in a small way, with some cake.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you how I preserved the top layer. I had a post earlier on how to accomplish this, but since I now have actually experienced it, I have tweaked the process a little.
Please enjoy the photos of Maggie and Rob cutting the cake.

Photos: Patty Cloherty
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

























No comments:

Post a Comment