Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"One of My Happiest Things…"




As my blog for Maggie's nuptials comes to a end…(Never fear, I will continue my blog for KK's journey), I would like to share one of my favorite things about her wedding.

ONE of the happiest events for me personally was that my parents were able to attend.  For my Facebook family and friends…you may have seen these pictures. The first two are of my mom and dad at my own wedding almost 31 years ago - a most joyous day.

The last picture was taken on my iPhone at the reception, and YES, I realize my eyes are closed - it was either this picture or the one with my MOM's eyes closed…aren't I a good daughter?!?  But I cherish the picture non-the less.

A second favorite was the "Anniversary Dance."  I was unfamiliar with it, but this is how it works.   All married people were asked to dance at the reception.  Then the DJ, excuses couples that have been married, one year, then five, ten, fifteen and so on.  My parents won for being married 62!

 I'd like to thank my parents for being such good role models and loving mentors…AND for making the grueling trip form California.  I know I'm exhausted after the cross country flight.  I can only image the fatigue they must feel at almost 96 - Dad - and a MUCH younger mom…  :-)

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

Please visit my new blog on "HELLO Magazine's on-line Wedding Hub.http://weddinghub.hellomagazine.com/motherofthebride/category/wedding-veil/
Above is a link to one of my posts.

2 comments:

  1. We ALL aspire to be Phyllis & Bill when we "grow up". The most lovely couple and now our family, too. -The Stauble's

    ReplyDelete