Thursday, August 21, 2014

My First Anniversary




Our first anniversary…January 24, 1985.  We lived in Simi Valley, California in a 3 bedroom apartment. No we didn't need three bedrooms, but that was all the complex had available.  We soon purchased our first home in Ventura, California, and left Simi.

The top picture is Mary Paredes Karnes' version of "Staging"  :-)  The tablecloth is hand crocheted by my Grandmother - whom our baby, Julia, is named after.  That is a full champagne bottle to the top right of the picture - left over from our wedding.  I'm going to make a note to tell Kenny tonight that he MUST keep a bottle from Maggie and Rob's wedding for them to share on THEIR first anniversary.

As our anniversary is in January…thus the Chrysanthemum in the photo.  Please note the candles, they are placed in candle sticks that my dear friend and bridesmaid, Yvonne, gave us for our wedding.  I continued the tradition that my parents started, and gave Maggie and Rob a special piece from our home.  This is what we gave them…And don't forget the champagne glasses - which were featured in an earlier blog...and the keynote piece - the top layer of our cake…just like I promised yesterday!

I'm sad to say I don't remember who froze the cake, where it was stored, or if it tasted good.  But it sure looked pretty!  I had saved our cake topper to place on it for the picture.  It looked OK after a year, but I recently ran across it - and it didn't travel well…  Maggie's and Rob's cake topper, on the other hand, being made our of porcelain, can be handed down for generations.  Thanks for that thoughtfulness, Debbie!
The above picture is about a year before we were married, but it dates us a little.  Not sure if I'm happy or sad that it's a little blurry…

http:my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment