Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"Socializing Part II"





Top photo is of my dear cousin, Kim.  Always there when I need her - from CA to New England.
Next up is Kim, Mary, Kenny and the Maid of Honor at OUR wedding, Annie!  All the way from California as well.

Last but not least, Kim, Mary and Annie again.  I was very fortunate to have three of the six bridesmaids from OUR wedding!  I'm trying to find a photo of my lovely sister-in-law, Teresa.  She was in our wedding too, of course.  Her husband, Bill, as well as my father-in-law also made the long trip.
Annie and Kim have hardly changed through the years.  But I see Kim regularly.  Annie, I have not seen in 14 years.  She came once to visit when we lived in Chicago. Julia as a few weeks old.

The morning of the wedding, we were taking pictures in the Hilton lobby, due to the terrible rainstorm, and this woman kept eyeing me.  'She must love weddings,'  I thought.  And then, she wouldn't LEAVE!

Finally, it clicked.  It was Annie!  I was not the calm mother of the bride I have tried to portray myself… I was frazzled, and didn't immediately recognize my best friend since I was 14… She forgave me, though, and I got the biggest hug!  :-)

Tomorrow, the "Young Set!"
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment