Friday, August 29, 2014

"Family and Out-Of-Town Brunch"




The morning after the wedding, Debbie and I put on a brunch.  The invitees were family, out-of-town wedding guests, and the bridal party.  Ok…with all that was going on, I did nothing for the brunch but supply the venue.  Debbie and her lovely mom, the famous, "Grandma Jackie," did all the heavy lifting.  And Rob's aunts contributed as well. Please note the bounty on my dining room table!

Also of note is the GORGEOUS bowl of oranges shipped all the way form California by my dad.  They  sure were a hit.  We had more than just one full bowl.  When a few were eaten, we replenished them.  And as guests departed, they were given a "to go bag" full of oranges!

My family, all the way from California chipped in too. My mom, cousins Janet and Kim, all worked serving, heating dishes and keeping the table stocked.  Thank you, ladies!

The last picture is of one of the centerpieces from the reception.  They made lovely enhancements for our brunch.  As guests bid us farewell, we gifted our local female relatives with the blooms.  :-)

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

As always, please consider checking out my new cozy mystery about a wedding planner in sunny Santa Barbara, CA.  It's available on e-book format from amazon, Barnes and Noble and Apple iBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment