Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Tossing the Bouquet"




Time to toss the bouquet!  Our florist kindly offered to prepare - as a gift - a "Tossing Bouquet."  This way, Maggie could retain her bridal bouquet as a keepsake.
(The above picture, and picture to the left are our actual flowers).

But remember…I was not at the hotel when the flowers were delivered to Maggie -- there is still that, 'as yet not divulged situation that created havoc in our wedding day prep'…  so I did not realize until 3 minutes before Maggie was going to toss her bouquet that THERE WAS NOT A THROW AWAY BOUQUET!

What to do???  I ran - in those fancy shoes of mine :-) - to the head table, and started pulling flowers out of the arrangement.  Even in my haste, I tried to get a nice variety  :-)  But then I realized… when Maggie threw the flowers, they would go all over everywhere, as they were not tied together.  I glanced around and spied… bridesmaids' bouquets!  I grabbed one and began pulling off the satin ribbon which covered the flower stems.  My lovely sister-in-law, Teresa, helped me.  We quickly wound the ribbon around the "new" bouquet, inserted pearl headed pins to hold the ribbon, and DONE!  We had a bouquet.  (FYI, underneath the satin ribbon of the bridesmaid's bouquet was green florist tape holding the flowers together.  I'm not sure who's bouquet I robbed… but thank you!)

At this point, I calmly walked into the tent and handed Maggie her "Tossing Bouquet."  At least that's how I WANT to remember it.  Maybe I looked frazzled and haunted… but her Bridal bouquet was saved, and some lucky girl caught my creation.

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

http://weddinghub.hellomagazine.com/motherofthebride/2014/08/wedding-flowers-honored-ladies/   Please visit my new blog for HELLO! Magazine on-line (the Wedding Hub) I'm "Mother of the Bride"












No comments:

Post a Comment