Sunday, May 4, 2014

"A Little Known Factoid..."






A little known fact... Kenny and I have been married ... Twice.

Before we got married , Kenny - the Roman Catholic, and I - the Protestant, talked about our religious future. We decided we would get married in my hometown of Ojai, CA in my Presbyterian church. THEN I would convert to Roman Catholicism. I was happy with that. My dad had grown up a Catholic, and I felt an affinity to the religion.

It took me 18 months - the length of the program determined by individual parishes - I truly don't know of any other program that took that long - then or now. But boy, did I learn a lot. I think I'm a better informed Catholic than Kenny... And he went to Catholic school!

Although the church recognized my Protestant baptism, they didn't recognized our marriage - I believe this has changed...  Remember, this was over 30 years ago!

So... We were married again, in a Roman Catholic Church... by a priest.

Please see below a pictures of my hometown church where we were married the first time.

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best



No comments:

Post a Comment