Monday, May 26, 2014

"Moving Day…"




Anyone who knows me well…knows me VERY WELL…knows that I cry often, and easily.  I used to hate it.  Now, while I don't like this about myself, I accept it.

I cry for a multitude of reasons: anger,  frustration, joy, sadness, emotion.  Let's just say, I am very anxious about the upcoming wedding.  I am beyond happy about the union of these two special people, but I am fearful my emotions will get the best of me.

Today was test.  I watched my daughter pack up her belongings for the first part of her move to her new home with her soon to be husband.  But I held my own.
No tears were shed.
Soon... I can no longer yell upstairs to Maggie, and or text Rob
and ask if he wants to cross the street and join us
for dinner.

They will no longer be coming home for weekends
as they did in college --- they will be out of state perusing
their post-grad degrees.  I can only hope they choose to
set up their medical practice close to home…
Pictures: Maggie, age 4, Robert - in the middle of picture
two, and picture 3, yesterday, at Rob's getting ready to go.
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment