Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Detour"





















If I may… I am going to take a detour today.  Yes, today's entry is BASED on a wedding related issue, but the back story is not.

To set the stage, the story I'm about to relate occurred when the family looked like this.  KK, 16, Maggie, 13, Tess 7, Julia 4.  It was Christmas 2005.  Not pictured is our beloved dachshund, Schulz.

We were traveling from New England to California to spend the holidays with the family.  Kenny was going to meet us there, as he was traveling for work, and could not get away till the weekend.  (Bad mother that I was, I was taking the kids out of school a few days early).

Being the dad and father, that HE was, Kenny arranged for a car service to take us to the airport so I wouldn't have to suffer with the parking, four kids, a dog and all the luggage.  Yep, he's that kinda guy…

4:40 AM, the car arrives.  It's a town car that seats…5, and this includes the front seat.  Let me refresh you, five Karnes, a dog, AND a driver.

I was not happy.  I like to get to the airport REALLY early, have to check everyone in, pay for the dog - can't do that in advance -- why you ask ---- I DON'T KNOW!!!

I really hated to wait around for the new car to get to the house.

"I'm sorry, ma'am,"

MA'AM!  Now the driver really WAS in trouble!

"But we have no other cars.  It's Christmas, you know!"  Yes…I knew…

I won't bore you with all the details, but the kids and luggage were loaded and I drove to the airport.

Complaints were made, a credit issued, and a free ride to the airport promised.

Fast forward NINE years.  Now WHY I called the SAME limo company for the wedding transportation as the one mentioned above, I DON'T KNOW.  But I did.

I ordered the limo, and then was advised it would be more cost effective if I had a separate town car drive the bride and groom 'away from the reception' - can't say where they're going…

Ding ding.  Bells went off.  "Well…I have the funniest story," I said to the registration agent.  OK, I know it's too late to make this story short, but to make it a little shorter… I got the town car for free after I told her, that "Yes, of course I kept the NINE year old apology e-mail from the limo service…."

Sometimes, it's the little things.
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best




No comments:

Post a Comment