Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Shower Gift - Round Two"




******  SPOILER ALERT!!!******

Once again, I am stuck. What to give Maggie for a shower gift, hosted by Rob's generous relatives?

  I thought back to my own bridal shower gifts. One of my favorites was a frame in which my wedding invitation was placed.

 I'm on my way today to pick up the framed "Doily" at Michaels  (if you remember, another shower gift for Maggie- I'm framing a lovely doily my grandmother crocheted).

If pictures are included below, that means I was successful on two counts, the Doily looks GREAT, and I found an invitation frame. - Off I go - I'm sure a Starbucks run is in order…

Keep scrolling…

Keep scrolling…

Keep scrolling…

Keep scrolling…

Keep scrolling…

Keep scrolling…

So, yes, I was successful.  To the lower right is my creation. When I received a my own framed wedding invitation 30 + years ago, I, in my ignorance, thought it was a "kit" or something.  Now I realize that the gift giver very probably made the needlepoint frame.  I honestly can't remember who gave it to me, but I can tell you one thing, I'm going to go look it up in my memory book - a very good idea for situations just like this…  There is no "Kit" to frame wedding invitations.  You CAN, however, go on-line and special order one.  I just purchased a frame which I thought complimented the invitation colors, and some "fancy"" card stock" to "float" the invitation on -- I got a little help at Michaels... note my new lingo...


To the lower left, is my grandmother's "Special Order" framed doily.  Did I mention that she won FIRST PLACE in the CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR for an afghan she crocheted?!?  And California is a BIG state.








No comments:

Post a Comment