Monday, July 14, 2014

"A Thank You"



 Before we resume the Reception details, I wish to thank the young people who made Maggie and Rob's wedding even more special.  It really does take many hands to make a wedding not just a social success, but also a family/emotional success as well.

I would like to thank our darling "gift bearers," paternal first cousins of Rob - from left in the first picture: Matt, Lauren, Anna and Lily.  And our two readers, Brian, (second picture), and Garrett third picture (with his grandmother).  I hope these cousins will fondly remember their role in the wedding, I know Maggie and Rob will..

And a MAJOR thank you to Elizabeth and Katherine - maternal cousins of Rob for 'doing the guest book'.  We could not have asked for better.  The on-site reception coordinator was to place the guest book out before the guests arrived.  She put the fancy feather pen and stand out, but where was the book?!?  Never fear, the girls didn't rest till they tracked it down.  They personally carried it around and asked as many guests as possible to sign.  Then what happens?  The fancy pen ran out of ink!  I'm getting a refund for THAT!  Once again, the girls came through and rounded up a new pen.  Now I'm  trying to 'round up' a picture of THEM!  Thanks ladies.  Tomorrow, the reception begins in earnest!
Photo creds: Patty Cloherty
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best
(my mystery, in case you haven't seen this link - which I know I have posted a million times… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment