Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"Walk Down the Isle"




 I have to admit…I loved my own walk down the isle as a bride, and so it was so much fun to do it again as the mother of the bride.

Picture number one is the lovely Tess, my own daughter and sister of the bride.  Next is yours truly, with Matt, best man and brother of the groom.  Upon reflection, I should not have made my desire known - that I would be pleased to have Matt walk me.  That honor belonged to his mom, Debbie.  But Debbie was too gracious and Matt too much the gentleman to say no.  Thanks, Matt - I sure enjoyed it!  If you look behind me, you can see the organ loft.  To the left, our beautiful vocalist, and to her right the talented organist.

Saint Paul's in Glastonbury is a quintessential New England church.  It is reflective of it's local - beautiful in it's simplicity.  Remember, we're processing to 'Ave Maria.'  Look at our smiles…not somber music at all.  My flowers were three white roses, (matching Debbie's), with a little greenery in bouquet form - no troublesome corsages.

Tomorrow…I promise. I will describe and show pictures of Maggie's procession.  Once again, thanks to Patty Chlorety for the pics!
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best





No comments:

Post a Comment