Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"Maid of Honor Toast"



 Kathleen, Maggie's older sister, was her maid of honor.  We always knew it would be this way, just like we know in May, Maggie will be KK's.

They have the most beautiful bond.  Sisters… As an only child, I can just look at them, and feel joy that Kenny and I were able to give them this gift of siblings.  And why he has two lovely sisters, having a sib that's the same gender is just different.

The first picture is of the two of them as kids.  Pretty much sums up their personalities and childhood.  The second picture shows Tess standing in support of KK as she delivers her "Maid of Honor" speech at the reception.  It was beautiful.  While I didn't cry at Kenny's toast, I could not help but at KK's…  I once again, won't bore you with the speech, but I WILL quote, "When Maggie was born, it was the happiest day of my life.  Today, when I get a little brother, is another one."

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

The last picture is one I just found - of course taken by the beautiful Patty Cloherty, (as was the picture above), at the rehearsal dinner and had to share.  Left to right, KK, Tess, Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment