Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Under the Portico"





We finally arrived at the Wadsworth Mansion, Middletown, Connecticut.  Wesleyan University and Mercy High School are located in Middletown, so it has some panache.  I didn't know this until after the wedding, but the expansive lawn of the Mansion runs right into the softball field of Mercy.

It had already been decided that the bridal party, parents included, would make a grand entrance, announced by the DJ. We had to wait out on the front porch for Maggie and Rob to finish their outdoor photography session on the Mansion grounds, and for the giant coach bus to arrive with more wedding guests.

When we booked the caterer, she said, "Don't worry, I'll made sure you are well fed as soon as you arrive."  At the time I wasn't exactly sure what she meant.  Now I do.  Everyone was so excited, nervous, I don't think we ate much before the ceremony.  As soon as she arrived, Heidi and her staff were there with refreshments and nibbles.  Thank you, Heidi.  She was wonderful, start to finish.  www.krausecaterers.com

Please note the bustling for Maggie's train.  It is a "French" bustle.  A traditional bustle didn't work, as the train was too heavy - thus, the French.  I think it's lovely.  Matt, in picture number #3, is arranging it before Rob and Maggie venture onto the wet grounds for photos.  Matt is a photographer extraordinaire.  mattstaublemedia.com  Of course, Matt as Rob's brother, was best man at the wedding and not our photographer.

http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best  my mystery!

Please also visit me at weddinghub.hellomagazine.com  my new blog on "Hello! Magazine's" on- line blog site.  My blog's name is: "Mother of the Bride"


No comments:

Post a Comment