Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Finally the Bridesmaids' Dresses"



 

Ah…the bridesmaids' dresses.  Not much causes as much wedding anxiety as one simple little dress…It's pretty hard to please six women, all who have different favorite colors and different body types.  I must say, all the girls were pretty good about the selection process.  Maggie's two college roommates were game for anything.  My own daughters were little more opinionated…
The selection was finally made, after ordering about four different dresses.  I think stores like Nordstrom or David Bridal are the way to go…no problem returning there. David Bridal has a phenomenal selection, and was a dream to work with and make returns to.  Fly by night companies who ship from China…not so much.  I am still in a credit card dispute with one such establishment - yes six months later. Live and learn. 
Now the dresses we chose.  Everyone did a pretty good job of ordering the right size, except for me - who had to order three!  All three I ordered were the wrong size.  To complicate matters I thought I had an indefinite return time frame - I did not.  I was ONE DAY out of my return option time frame, and they wouldn't help me out.  So I just ordered the correct size dresses, and returned the wrong sizes with the shipping slip from the new /correct size dresses.  No one questioned me.  

I have to say…I loved the color of the dresses, and it went so well with mine!  :-)

Tomorrow, enjoy the pictures of the recessional.  Thanks again, Patty Cloherty!  Picture number one - a close up of Maggie's bouquet, number #2 a candid of the maids, and #3, my own daughters...



No comments:

Post a Comment