Friday, April 18, 2014

"Buyers Remorse?"





So…I will confess.  I have yet to get my "Mother of the Bride" or 'MOB' dress fitted!  Why?

Well to be honest, I'm not completely sure…I keep telling myself I want to "tone" up a little.  Then I ask myself if I really want to splurge so on one little dress?  Buyer's remorse has set in, compounded by the fact that I really CAN return it to the ultra customer-friendly Nordstrom.

I was shopping the other day with the younger girls, and ran across a lovely dress from Ann Taylor's spring line.  It was on sale!  I bought it, thinking how cost friendly I would be by returning the Nordstrom designer dress.  Then I thought again.  What if a GUEST at the wedding had the same dress I had as "Mother of the Bride"???  IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, MORE THAN ONCE…not being the Mother of the Bride part, but I have appeared at more than one function in the same dress as another guest…one time when I was five months pregnant, and the other guest was not.  Guess who looked better…not I…

So I am keeping the designer dress, AND the Ann Taylor dress for the Rehearsal Dinner!

And speaking of the Rehearsal Dinner…more on that tomorrow, AND the bride's attire...

No comments:

Post a Comment