Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Bridal Shower"




The Bridal Shower…

I haven't been to a bridal shower in ages and ages.  I wonder if they are smilier to those we had 30 years ago when I got married?

Welcome to a series over the next few days on bridal showers.  I had three when I got married, but as I mentioned before, no bachelorette.

My favorite shower was the one given by two of my bridesmaids, Wendi and Yvonne.  Guests were my friends, rather than my mother's, although my mom, future mother-in-law and grandmother attended.  It was a stereotypical shower, punch, cake, games and gifts.  Today, I still use the muffin tins my friend, Yvonne gave me!

And the games… one was entitled, "The Mary and Kenny Game"  Among the questions were: 1) "Where to do you want to live?"  - Answer: San Diego, CA -- Where we live: Connecticut.  2) "What car, Mary, do you want to drive?" - Answer: Volvo Wagon -- What I drive: Chevy Suburban (close… :-)  3) "How many children to do you want?" - Answer: 5   -- How many we have… 4

Tomorrow, trends in today's bridal showers.  http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment