Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Spoiler Alert TWO!"


How many of you ladies recognize the Betty Crocker Cookbook above?  My mother had one that she received for her own wedding.  It was like an old friend.  She used it constantly.  It showed the signs of use, however.

About ten years ago, the Betty Crocker Cookbook editors had a special anniversary printing.  It was an EXACT replica of the original, except in the anniversary edition, all the pages were laminated for easy clean up.  I bought it for my mom, and I think she appreciated it as much as any gift I have ever given her.

For a young bride, a good cookbook can be invaluable.  So can family recipes, both for cooking education and nostalgia.

I am helping my mom compile a collection of family recipes for my mother to give to Maggie as a shower gift.  This will be especially dear for Maggie, as her paternal grandmother has passed away.  I am lucky to have some of her HANDWRITTEN recipes that I am going to xerox, and give to my mom to put in a cookbook binder.  The cookbook binder will include recipes from both Rob's grandmothers, mom, sister, my mom, two great grandmothers, my mother-in-law, cousin and Maggie's two aunts.  Any other family members reading this who want to contribute, let me know!

I am not a good cook, Maggie however,  is.  I hope she will cherish these pieces of family history.  I know she will...

No comments:

Post a Comment