Friday, April 18, 2014

"Spoiler Alert"



Miss Maggie -- this is your only warning…Spoiler Alert!

It is quite a challenge for a mother to find the "just right" bridal shower gift for her daughter.  You want something that will last, has sentimental value - and is not necessarily practical.

My maternal grandmother was quite a crocheter.  She had patience and was gifted in her art.  Any major milestone in my life…graduation, wedding, new baby,  I would receive a wonderful handmade piece - doilies, afghans, tablecloths.  She is gone now, and of course, missed.  My girls were lucky and knew her well.  And I am blessed to have many, many examples of her beautiful work.

To the right, is one of her doilies.  I have washed it, starched it, and on Tuesday, I am taking it to my local craft store to have it professionally sewn into a shadow-box type frame.  I will give it to Maggie at a bridal shower.

As a bonus, I know Rob will appreciate it as well.

Tomorrow, special gift number two...

No comments:

Post a Comment