Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Roses"




It's funny... When you start thinking about and planning a wedding, i.e., Maggie's, it brings back lots of thoughts and memories of your own. We were on the way to Boston yesterday, stopped at a major intersection. A man walked through the traffic lines selling roses.  You know the ones. I had a flashback to the night of my own wedding rehearsal.

Kenny and his groomsmen picked me up in the parking lot where I was teaching... to travel to Ojai for the Wedding Rehearsal and Dinner. It was a two hour drive from where I was teaching my first year of school - first grade - IN A TRAILER - Yes, California had it's education issues even back then.

Detour in LA, and we are stopped at a major intersection off the freeway. A man is walking through the traffic lanes... Selling flowers. A groomsmen in the car ahead of us bought a rose bouquet, popped out of his car and ran then back to me. Some of the most memorable flowers I've received.   I'm sure you don't read my blog, Pat, but thank you. It made a sweet, nostalgic night that much more special.
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best


No comments:

Post a Comment