Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Confessions from the Mother of the Bride - Part II"







Soooo…How to remove sunless tanner from your skin?  Apparently there is a product for just that purpose.  I tried to find it locally, and had no luck.  What worked best for me?  Make-up remover facial wipes.  Kind of gives me pause that I must be using a product that has rubbing alcohol in it…  I'm going to be more careful about reading labels from now on.  Other home remedies include hydrogen peroxide, and body scrub such as St Ives.

SHOES - When I initially went dress shopping, the personal stylist picked out navy blue patent leather pumps.  When I went back to the store to have the dress fitted, I had a female stylist help me.  She just shook her head "NO!" when she saw the pumps.  She ran down to the shoe department and came back with the flashy silver ones in the first picture.  I LOVED them!  She brought a 7 1/2, but decided there were too big.  I tried the size 7 and purchased them - being swayed by the stylist.

Then I began to worry.  "I'm going to be on my feet all day and night," I thought.  Better go with the 7 1/2.  They were out of stock!!  I had just enough time to order and receive them before the wedding, YEA!  Of course I tried them on and walked in them.  Everyone knows to do that…

But what I DIDN'T do… was try them on with the pantie hose I chose to wear to the wedding.  I opted to wear the hose as I was still so pale from the winter.  Enter potential disaster...

The shoes were now too big with my foot slipping around with the lack of friction.  "I'll just put some fashion tape on my heel and ball of my foot," I thought.  I had the tape too, but it never happened.  My walk down the isle was great - but when I was a few feet away from my seat, and after I genuflected, I ALMOST walked out of my shoes…rookie mistake to skip the tape.  :-)  But as a side note…my feet never hurt all night…maybe I DID get the right size...

The second picture is of Maggie's shoes.  They were gorgeous, and her something "Blue."

The last picture today, (of the groomsmen and the beautiful Amanda - sister of the groom),  is my promise to you to get back on track.  I have to tell you about the rehearsal dinner and then ALL ABOUT THE WEDDING - and I have a lot to share...
http:/my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best


No comments:

Post a Comment