Friday, June 13, 2014

"Rehearsal"




So much to say about the rehearsal!  I will give a detailed account of the event and the dinner later this weekend…  I'm a little busy this morning.

But my main takeaway from  it was…the groomsmen.

I am a typical obsessive mother of the bride.  I was worried about my guests coming early and not being attended to.  The groomsmen asked, "What time would you like us to be at the church, Mrs. Karnes?"

"Well…" I responded, "the ceremony coordinator said to be here at 2:30," cringing because this seemed early for these young men.

"We'll be here at 2:15," was the response.

"Oh, but I don't want to you be bored, and what if it rains?"

"We'll sit in our cars if we have to," another chimed in.

And you know what…???  With all the worrying I'll do today, cause you KNOW I will…the groomsmen will not be on that list.  They'll be there at 2:15, just to alleviate my anxiety --
In the grand scheme of things, it takes so little to be kind to another.  Thank you for your kindness, boys.  But hey, they're the best friends of the Great Rob Stauble, after all…
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment