Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"The Pesky Details"






Ah…the reception…the ceremony is what the wedding is all about, right?!?  But the RECEPTION is the PARTY!  But a good party does not come about by chance.  There is much time invested, attention to detail, and hair pulling to bring it to a happy completion.

I'm fairly certain I have included these pictures of our reception site in my blog before, but I'm posting them today so you can get a visual as I write.

The top picture is of the vestibule were indoor dancing can take place in case of inclement weather, or extra tables set up for dining.  The second picture is of one of the two large rooms for either dining or a ceremony venue - if you have chosen to be married on site rather than in a church.

We have chosen to retain the entire mansion for the night, so we will have use of all spaces.  The final photo is of the front of the building - a good photo site!

But back to those pesky details…It is quite…okay, I'll say it…CHORE… to make the seating chart for dinner.  It's almost a clique how people struggle with this… and I wouldn't have believed it till I lived it.  I don't remember this angst when we got married.  I'm sure my mother organized it…  So what did I do?  Well, I did what any smart "Mother Of The Bride" would do… I turned it over to the groom (Rob).  I think that young man just may be a genius…

Now I've wasted all my space with this one aspect…you'll have to check back tomorrow for a continuation…  :-) http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment