Wednesday, June 11, 2014




 The most creative shower gift… but first…

The picture to the right shows the handiwork of my two youngest daughters.  They made 80 finger sandwiches -- tomato, chicken salad, and cucumber.  They loved sampling too…as they never get white bread…

The floral arrangement below was created by the talented Debbie.  Oldest daughter number one had the inspired idea to use my vast teapot collection as bouquet receptacles.  It turned out nicely, as we had a "Round the Clock" tea party shower theme.

Okay…who among you ladies has ever heard of a "Round the Clock" shower theme?  Apparently here in New England, it's not a thing.  It was in California.  Here's how it works… each guest is assigned a different hour of the day, and they are to bring a gift corresponding to that hour.  I think I confused some guests, but I thought it was rather a clever idea, and Maggie didn't get duplicate gifts!  Everyone was amazingly generous and creative.  I was awed, and Maggie so grateful.

And now, for the most creative gift…one of my good friends wrote a delightful poem to go along with her gift, and read it to the assemble crowed of 37.  It was cute, and gave everyone a good chuckle.  But I would expect nothing less from this kind, funny, beautiful friend.  More tomorrow…
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment