Thursday, June 26, 2014

"On the Way to the Church"




Hair done, make up done - check.  Dresses donned, pictures taken - check.  Bridesmaid's bows on the back of their dresses…fashioned taped - check.  Notice a "pre-taping" dress to the right.  The second ears of the bow are sagging in this picture.  Not to fear, I had fashion tape in my trusty "Mother of the Bride" backpack.  A word of warning, however.  The tape was very thin, as it should be, but very hard to separate from it's backing.   More time should have been designated to this task, or more hands needed.  But we got it done.  Kudos to Jill and Olivia for being diligent and patient.

And a BIG thank you to the Maid of Honor, my own KK.  She kept Maggie calm and happy as only a sister of 23 years could.  Not even I had the same tranquil effect as her sister.

Now it was time to get in the limo.  Shall I remind you that it was raining cats and dogs?  Luckily, the driver - a woman! - drove under the portico and we were spared damaging our hair dos to the punishing rain.

Tomorrow, an additional shout out to the Hilton.  I found out last night how even more 'above and beyond' they went.  There were things that went on that even I didn't know about…

And I'll tell you about the presentation of the bracelet to the bride that her father gave me the day she was born…not as I planned, but heartfelt none the less…

http:/my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best    - My new mystery!  And look for the second installment in the Grace Mc Kenna series in the fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment