Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Confessions from the Mother of the Bride"







Yes, Yes, I know that I have to get back on track, and report the wedding in a chronological order…but today I just felt like starting a series entitled, "Confessions of the Mother of the Bride."

Well, here it is, my "Mother of the Bride Dress".  No, it's not your conventional dress for such an occasion.  It's very simple, but I loved it on sight.  It's my favorite color and I liked how I looked in it.  If you like how it fits, that's half the battle, right?  I DID, however, promise myself that I would never wear a sleeveless dress as a 'woman of a certain age.'  But I couldn't resist!

So this much too expensive dress hung covered in my closet.  Because once this sleeveless wonder was altered, there was no returning it -- it was mine.  While I had been prompt and organized throughout the wedding  process, three weeks out, I STILL had yet to alter my dress.   I finally bit the bullet, and took the dress to get fitted.  Measurement were taken, pins went in.  I picked it up, the dress was mine. Now it was time to do something about those arms.

Growing up in CA, I always had a tan.  I was a kid, and sadly, we never even wore sunscreen.  Here in New England, I always wear sunscreen, but sit outside a lot at the younger girls' softball games -- so I have a farmers' tan.

I'll just use some "sunless tanner," I thought…Crazy as I have NEVER used the stuff...I generously wiped it over my arms.  "Huh!" I thought.  "Doesn't work very well."  ---Until the next morning.  I awoke to HUGE patches of tan arms, and huge patches of white!

You may hear a home remedy tomorrow -- as well as the "Mother of the Bride shoes disaster"…Keep scrolling for a nice ceremony picture of Maggie and Rob.  http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best


No comments:

Post a Comment