Sunday, June 29, 2014

"The Bracelet"





In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that with the birth of each child, Kenny game me a piece of jewelry in the baby's birthstone.  It is my intention to give this jewelry to each girl on her wedding day.

Maggie was born in April.  Her birthstone is diamond.  My gift from her father on the day of her birth was the diamond tennis bracelet - lying on it's side in the picture to the left (wish Maggie had photographed it flat so the stones would sparkle…).

I really don't know what I envisioned when I thought of presenting it to her, but the way it happened was not on my radar…

Well --- let's go back a little.  There was that giltch I keep teasing you with, the morning of the wedding.  Although the wedding starting right on time, I was discombobulated from the unplanned event.  I had the bracelet in it's satin pouch ready on my desk to present to Maggie….and forgot it.  (Remember, the female bridal party is at the Hilton taking pictures.  Other family members were at our home).

I called Kenny, and asked him, ever so sweetly, to please bring the bracelet to St Paul's.  He did.

We, the six bridesmaid, the bride, and I, arrived at the church at 2:50 PM.  We had been instructed to wait inside the limo until 2:59 PM.  I dashed out of the limo, ran into the church, texted Kenny, hugged a few friends, and he met me with the bracelet.  I ran back to the limo, crawled in, duck walked in the low ceiling of the car to the back, and put the bracelet on Maggie's wrist without shedding a tear.  No…it was not my vision, but the joy of the moment was perfect…
http://my.bookbaby.com/book/simply-the-best

No comments:

Post a Comment